Quilting and Sewing

Sunday, September 24, 2006

NEW BLOG -- WITH PICTURES THIS TIME




Finally, I have a blog that I can post pictures on. That other one either didn't download correctly or not all of it downloaded and there was no provision to add pictures to it. The things I do are visual, so I really need those pictures.

These pictures are some mittens that I made recently for my charity group -- NativeAmericanSupport -- and will be part of a blitz that we'll have the first week of October. Many of the members (and their friends) are making mittens, and we hope to have all warm hands this winter for the children as they make their way to school. There's a total of 9 pair of knit mittens and 54 pair of sewn fleece mittens going in my donation.

I'll bask in the glory of being able to share pictures now and write again soon with pictures of the quilts that I've been making as well as the one that a friend sent me for the children.

3 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Mariella said...

Well I found you! Now we can see all the neat projects you have been working on.
And I have to say - Wow - what a lot of great fleece mittens!
There will be alot of warm hands, big and small, at the reservation this winter.
Good luck in this new blog - if you need any help - just ask.

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Yvette said...

Hi Marilyn !!! Great to see your work other than knitting!!!

I have a blog too Grandma's Knitting Place - when I learn how I shall add a button for your blog!!!

I love your fleece mittens - great idea - my sewing has slowed to a dead stop due to my serger becoming corroded - serve me right for living right on the seashore!! If it can be fixed I shall drop it in for an overhaul - if not, well I shall have to save up for a new one!!!

Loved all your quilts - gave me some great ideas!!

Take care hon

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger DJ said...

Nice blog and enjoyed the pics. Would you perchance be willing to share your pattern source for the fleece mittens. I have a bunch of left overs that would be great for kids mittens.
Hugs, DJ in SW MI

 

Post a Comment

<< Home